Brunei’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, has written a fourth book that gives his insights on the development of Asean.
The book, Association - A Part Of The World No Longer Apart, uses the various sports of Southeast Asia to tie together Prince Mohamed’s encounters and observations, and to narrate the story of Asean “in a very human and personal way”, he said at the book launch on Monday.
The dust has settled in Bandar Seri Begawan after a hectic period that included the ASEAN Summit and Related Summits, during the second week of October. It will be remembered for the Leaders’ renewed commitment to the themes of the ASEAN Community 2015 and designing a post-2015 vision for the region.
- Chairman’s Statement of the 23rd ASEAN Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 16th ASEAN-Japan Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 16th ASEAN-Republic of Korea (ROK) Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 16th ASEAN-China Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 1st ASEAN-U.S. Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 11th ASEAN-India Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 5th ASEAN-United Nations (UN) Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 16th ASEAN Plus Three Summit
- Chairman’s Statement of the 8th East Asia Summit
- Joint Statement of the 16th ASEAN-China Summit on Commemoration of the 10th Anniversary of the ASEAN-China Strategic Partnership
Agreements & Declarations
- Bandar Seri Begawan Declaration on the ASEAN Community’s Post-2015 Vision
- Bandar Seri Begawan Declaration on Youth Enterpreneurship and Employment
- Bandar Seri Begawan Declaration on Noncommunicable Diseases in ASEAN
- ASEAN Declaration on Enhancing Cooperation in Disaster Management
- ASEAN Declaration on Strengthening Social Protection
- The Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Elimination of Violence Against Children in ASEAN
- Declaration of the 8th East Asia Summit on Food Security
Top: LegCo Speaker YB Pehin Dato Hj Awg Isa delivering his speech during the ‘Doa Kesyukuran’ ceremony for the success of the 34th AIPA General Assembly. Picture: Courtesy of Legislative Council
Bottom: Invited guests comprise committee members from ministries, insitutions and volunteers. Picture: Courtesy of Legislative Council
LegCo celebrates success of 34th AIPA assembly
MEMBERS of the Legislative Council (LegCo) held a Doa Kesyukuran ceremony to celebrate the success of the 34th ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) General Assembly which Brunei hosted on September 17-23 this year.
To read more, click here.
ASEAN Leaders are concerned about youth employment and in Brunei last week, they adopted the “Bandar Seri Begawan Declaration on Youth Entrepreneurship and Employment.”
Young people will have to strive harder in labor markets as youth unemployment rate is projected to rise until 2018. Based on report from International Labor Organization (ILO) 2013, global youth unemployment rate reached almost 13 percent whereas South East Asia and neighboring Pacific have the highest rate in the world of 13.1 percent in 2012. The number is expected to rise above 14 percent by 2017. Meanwhile ASEAN population of 15-24-year-olds is about 108 million.
A number of actions were supported by ASEAN Leaders to address this problem. Have a peek at the full document to see how the Leaders addressed the issue by clicking the image above.
ASEAN Summit 2013 in Stamps
Are you a stamp collector interested in things about ASEAN? To commemorate the 22nd and 23rd ASEAN Summits this year, Brunei Darussalam, chair of ASEAN for 2013, has issued special edition stamps showing the venues of the two summits and the flags of ASEAN Member States and Dialogue Partners.
At the 23rd ASEAN Summit held recently in Brunei leaders of 10 ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) member countries discussed measures to reach the goal to build an ASEAN Community by 2015 and development directions for ASEAN after that.
Following the roadmap for building an ASEAN Community, politics and security, economy, and culture and society are major pillars of the ASEAN Community. Of these, the economic pillar led with about 80 percent of the tasks completed.
Well done to #HisMajesty and the entire #aseansummit2013 team! #Brunei #InstaBruDroid #Andrography #Repost @ranoadidas (at International Convention Centre (ICC))
23rd ASEAN SUMMIT (2013)
ASEAN LEADERS GATHERING BEFORE THE SUMMIT
08 October 2013
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
China, Japan and South Korea leaders expected to join the 23rd Asean meeting 2013 in Brunei Darussalam. The 23rd ASEAN Summit kicks off today October 8, 2013 in Bandar Seri Begawan.
A total of 2,000 delegates from 18 Asia-Pacific countries and the United Nations are expected to attend the summit to discuss a wide range of issues affecting ASEAN, including security and economic growth in South East Asian Countries.
It might not be the ASEAN Summit route but they’ve got a couple of LED screens along this street. #aseansummit2013 #brunei #bandarseribegawan (at Bandar Seri Begawan | بندر سري بڬاوان)